X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JChaz
    • Aug 2018

Test Catch Report

Out on the estuary on Saturday,. Weather perfect, light NW wind slight cloud cover but otherwise a nice sunny afternoon. The river looking like a millpond until the inevitable boat traffic started building during the flood tide, HW at 17:30.

Baits in the water by 13:00, one with Lug, the other rag both running ledger hoping the bream were about. Action almost immediatly on the lug, which accounted for a Bass of 1lb 7oz - returned to grow some.

Bass1
    Bass 1lb 7oz

A few more followed before the first proper bream run came to the rag worm bait. Drag screeming as the bream ran with the bait. Tightened the drag up half way until I turned the fish. Felt pretty good, but they usually do got the net ready as the fish still fighting neared the rocks. Safely netted a very nive looking couches bream of 1lb 1oz

Couches Bream
    Couches Bream 1lb 1oz

The action kept going, no sooner had one rod re-baited and sent out when the next bream run hit the lug bait. This one felt much better, thinking Gilthead bream this time and wasn't dissappointed as the unmistakable shape of a Gilt came towards the net.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WP_20180623_16_56_39_Pro.jpg Views:	2 Size:	593.9 KB ID:	30632
    Gilthead Bream 3lb 4oz

A very nice fish of 3lb 4ozs, this one will likely be on the BBQ tomorrow

As always the rising tide slowed down the action as HW neared. However something different was showing interest in the rag worm bait. Not the rattle from bass type bite and no thump and run of a bream. This was something very different, as it neared I made out the red colour on the flanks, wasn't bream shaped and as it neared the net a very nice surprise red mullet (goat fish) came into view. Didn't need the net, just lifted gently out and into a tidal pool.

Red Mullet
    Red Mullet 1lb 6oz

A very enjoyable day, summer fishing doesn't get any better than this - or does it
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JChaz; 27 August 2018, 20:33.
  • JChaz
    • Aug 2018

Really like the layout on mobile devices. Got to get my v4.5 into v5 Connect.

Comment

• test1122
      test1122 commented
      Editing a comment
      cool. I like this comment feature

• test1122
      test1122 commented
      Editing a comment
      it's good ^^
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Jun 2014
    • Leicester, UK

Glad you like it....
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

Comment

• test1122
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by JChaz View Post
      Really like the layout on mobile devices. Got to get my v4.5 into v5 Connect.
      Test comment with quote

Comment

Users Viewing This Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,364 at 19:38 on 21 February 2024.

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎