X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GTB
    • Jul 2014

fsdf
    Last edited by GTB; 21 October 2014, 09:16.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Jun 2014
      • Leicester, UK

Originally posted by GTB View Post

Tell it how it is Mark, lol, Bit strong that isn't it, they only told you what they thought.
      Not the ones I'm thinking of, they just told lies, and they don't like it when people expose this.
      I want no part of it, as I have repeatedly said, and that's why I have no part in the "admin sites" that seek only drama and confrontation.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

Comment

• GTB
        • Jul 2014

dsgfdfd
        Last edited by GTB; 21 October 2014, 09:15.

Comment

• GTB
          • Jul 2014

dfsd

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Jun 2014
            • Leicester, UK

Why not do same thing Joe does, don't let them get the better of you. He doesn't, even though some try hard to get Joe going. He still posts on TAZ and so he should, why should he leave the forum because others might not agree with him. That's were you fell foul, you let them win.

Well think your silly letting people drive you away from using a forum.
            They didn't "get the better of me", I just don't want any part of that forum.
            They still make posts about me to this day...they can't cope without me it appears...

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Jun 2014
              • Leicester, UK

By the way, since this is quite an active thread...you'll notice...no errors, no problems, no faults, it just...works.

This is the TRUTH about vB5, it's actually pretty decent now. 5.1.4 has a lot of performance improvements (as well as other stuff), 5.1.5 has even more, including some nice cosmetic changes to the navbar.
              Also more and more customers are actively opting for vB5 over vB4, and there are more sites upgrading, I know because I handle a lot of the paid installs and upgrades.
              Room for more improvement? Yes, plenty, particularly on the performance side.

However you are unlikely to read about this on any "admin site".

Comment

• GTB
                • Jul 2014

fsd

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Jun 2014
                  • Leicester, UK

That Paul has been asking me to go back posting on TAZ, posted on my forum. Not sure what the gig is with him and Howard?
                  He probably misses you.

You see the trouble is, most of the "interesting" characters have given up and gone away, for various reasons. It's a great shame, it could be a fantastic resource but they went down the drama route for whatever reason so most of the staff from the main forum software companies don't post there any more. When did you last see anyone from XenForo? The reason is, they get their heads bitten off by the usual gang, and the staff seem to, if not condone it, tacitly tolerate it by standing back and ignoring it.

As long as that continues, staff reps won't post.

Comment

• GTB
                    • Jul 2014

fdgdf

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Jun 2014
                      • Leicester, UK

I didn't really talk to Paul on TAZ. He posted on my forum before, but when using TAZ same as him, never really said much to each other in topics on that forum.

Well, trouble is Mark. It's all right saying the staff don't step in as much as they could do. But doing that can also drive posters away if they think the forum is being too picky about what can left posted. I'm not against the drama on forums. But when a person is being singled out too much by other members and the staff don't deal with that issue - then I'd agree, but I'm not against drama on forums because half the time most normal mundane topics are boring as hell.
                      I've done work on forums in the past that deal with a particular company or market sector. The successful ones have strict policies that if staff from any of the companies post on the forum (which is usually in their own time), they are not to be "attacked" and trolled and insulted. It's not hard. You can disagree with someone without attacking them.

TAZ went for the drama instead. That's fine, it's their decision, but the results speak for themselves - hardly anyone from any of the software companies operating in the niche TAZ covers, will post on their site any more. To me, that's a major credibility issue.

Comment

Users Viewing This Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,400 at 17:02 on 2 April 2024.

Working...
                      X